KATHY GARCIA EGAN
- University of California at Los Angeles
- Master of Social Welfare – 1981
- University of California at San Diego
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology – 1978
- The Philadelphia Child Guidance Clinic
- Family Therapy Certification – 1984
- Rutgers School of Alcohol Studies
- Credentialed Alcoholism Counselor Training – 1984
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker – 1990
- State of California LCS 13585
- Certified Social Worker – 1985
- State of New York (Expired)
- Private Clinical Practice – Los Angeles California
- Psychotherapy with adults, adolescents, children, couples and families. Time-limited and ongoing
group therapy with adults and adolescents, including AMAC (adults molested as
children), and groups focused on issues related to separation and divorce, life transitions,
management of anxiety and depression, and Mindful Preparation for Childbirth. Provider of
EAP services to numerous organizations. Provider of Clinical Supervision to individuals and
groups. Critical incident debriefing and executive resource development.
2016 – 2018
of emotionally difficult situations encountered in their work in Children’s Hospital of Orange
County, CA; teaching mindful relaxation skills to promote self-care; and helping the team to
navigate interpersonal dynamics within their group and with other medical health care
providers in the Hospital.
April 2010 – Present
- THE LEGACY WORKSHOP – LOS ANGELES, CA
- Development of a psychoeducational group process which focuses on life enrichment for the elderly, provided on-site in residential group settings. Participants learn to manage anxiety, improve socialization, and learn to deal with issues related to aging and end of life.
March 2006 – January 2007
- LIFE SERVICES, INC. – GLENDALE, CA
- SUPERVISOR OF PERSONAL CARE TEAM
- Supervised the provision of personal care needs – medical, custodial, out- of- home placement, social and spiritual – to clients of this non-profit agency that provides conservatorship services to the elderly. Responsibilities included written reports to Court summarizing client status and accountability regarding services provided, team building, and staff development.
June 1997 – June 1999
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS – GLENDALE, CA
- FOUNDING PARTNER, CONTINUING EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
- Helped to organize, develop, and administer this clinician-run organization which provides continuing education to licensed psychotherapists. Developed and presented seven hour course, “Working with Adolescents and their Families.”
January, 1995 – March, 1997
- GLEN ROBERTS CHILD STUDY CENTER – GLENDALE, CA
- MAGNOLIA PARK SCHOOL, STAFF CLINICIAN
- FOOTHILLS SCHOOL, SENIOR CLINICIAN
- Individual, family, and group therapy intervention with SED adolescents in these interdisciplinary, therapeutic school settings. Adherence to DMH reporting protocols and outcome study requirements.
November, 1988 – August, 1990
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, STAFF/FACULTY COUNSELING AND CONSULTATION CENTER – LOS ANGELES, CA
STAFF CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER
- Provided direct clinical services to Faculty and Staff, including assessment, crisis intervention, short term psychotherapy, and psycho-educational support groups. Provided departmental consultations and training, focused on team building, education in regards to Affirmative Action issues, and sexual harassment prevention training.
October, 1987 – November, 1988
- CLINICAL SOCIAL WORK CONSULTANT – LOS ANGELES, CA
- Clients included:
- THE ACTORS FUND OF AMERICA – Provided EAP program development consultation for this private, non-profit, national organization serving the entertainment industry. Client population included geriatric, chronically disabled, chemically dependent, and psychiatrically disordered. Community outreach and professional conference presentations, including “MANAGING AIDS AT WORK.”
- LAS ENCINAS HOSPITAL, ADOLESCENT UNIT – Provided chemical dependency program development consultation, as well as provision of direct clinical social work services for this dual diagnosis unit of a private psychiatric facility. CD education, group process, multi-family group, discharge planning and aftercare group work.
April 1987 – October, 1987
- THE CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL OF LOS ANGELES – LOS ANGELES, CA
- Responsibilities included assessment of concrete and psychosocial needs, short term family therapy, grief counseling, and crisis intervention in this pediatric acute care facility.
1983 – 1987
- PRIVATE CLINICAL PRACTICE – NEW YORK, NY
- Individual, marital, and family psychotherapy with an emphasis on chemical dependency.
1984 – 1986
- QUEENS OUTREACH PROJECT, INC – WOODHAVEN, NY
- DIRECTOR OF EAP
- Developed, implemented, and promoted EAP program for this private, non-profit substance abuse agency. Duties included supervisory training; clinical assessment and crisis intervention; individual, marital, and family therapy; community education and outreach, especially with a bilingual/bicultural population; and graduate student supervision.
1982 – 1983
- THE NEW YORK FOUNDLING HOSPITAL – NEW YORK, NY
- Case management with natural, foster, and adoptive families of severely disabled children in residence in this Health Related Facility.
- ENGLISH AND SPANISH
- EXCELLENT PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST